The lightest, smallest folding bike in our line is the pakiT and its so small it fits in a backpack!
A great performance city bike to take with you anywhere & everywhere, that fits you, quickly folds and fits your mobile life!
Our goal with the Bike Friday pakiT is to add convenience to your daily life and personal freedom, to explore the joy of travel and commuting on light wheels, the wind in your face, as well as a stronger connection with the world around you while using a folding bike. All in all a remarkably compact bike that not only folds but fits you and can be taken anywhere. Here is your chance to see the world by bike or get to the office without the long hike.
The pakiT offers special values in each of these areas:
- Light – As little as 15 lbs, easily carried with one arm, or in the backpack.
- Many Gear Options – 1-11 speeds for cruising, commuting or adventuring!
- Comes in Multiple Sizes – Fits a wide range of riders from 4’6″ to 6’4″
- Fits into small spaces: 28″ x 17″ x 8″ when folded and packed into the backpack.
- Fits into the pakiT Backpack see video
- Quick compact fold: Folds in under 20 seconds to 38″ x 24″ x 10″ (96 cm x 61 cm x 25 cm)
- For riders up to 190 lbs (86 kg) on pakiT Elite models and 220 lbs (100 kg) on the standard pakiT models.
- Colors – Your choice of 5 standard colors and up to 20 for Elite Custom bikes.
- Compact wheel size – The pakIT comes with a 16″ wheel which means it can easily fit into small spaces while still offering a great ride.
- Chain drive, hub gears and dérailleur options available on pakiT Elite versions.
- Belt Driven Option -Gates Carbon Belt Drive with Internal Hub is standard. Grease free, maintenance free, lasts longer than a chain.
- Dual Pivot Brakes
- Electric Assist upgrade available: Check it out here.
Details on the three bike design options offered in the menu above:
The Zen Day Design
If you love the simplicity and regularly jump onto the bus to get downtown, then need to travel another couple blocks or even short miles, then this is the perfect bike for you. It’s compact, agile and folds in seconds which means it keeps up with other folding bikes no problem. Great for getting around through crowds, popping into an elevator or up an escalator and folding to store under your desk. It also fits in the front of a bus or in the upper storage of the train (in the backpack). Built perfectly for the daily commuter who still needs to put in a few miles.
Details for Zen Day Design:
- Dual Pivot Brakes
- BF Flat Bar
- Alloy 170mm Single Crank Arm
- Single Speed
- Alloy Hubs
- Schwalbe 16″ Tires
- Folding Pedals
- Quick Release Seat Post Clamp
- Bike Weight (saddle and folding pedals included) 19.8lbs